Monday, May 4, 2009

Critique 4

Though my response here is late, I chose to give a brief critique on Natasha's group project found here:http://mason.gmu.edu/~ahart9/Anime.html

Overall, I really enjoyed this project. I was once a huge fan of japanime in general, and especially Dragon Ball Z. I enjoyed the many videos you posted all over the site, along with the Japanese to English translation dictionary. My favorite part was the history section though. This helped me to understand more about the shows in general, and how they came about, etc. The drawings were really neat too, but I feel you should color them in!

In regards to what I don't think worked, I would mainly like to comment on the design. I feel that the main page is too "full" and it's almost hard to look at. The colors don't seem to blend well. I believe if the background were simpler, it would make for a more "professional" look. Also, I feel the videos could be better organized. Perhaps instead of posting them all on the main page, you could put them into separate pages and link to those pages. I feel this would make it more organized.

Lastly, some of the links on the bottom of the page are broken. In particular, the "Gohan - Remember The Name" (which I love that video, by the way!) does not work. Great work, though! I loved your project.

No comments: